Tuesday 21 August 2007

after the summer vacation

All the stressful revision went well and i finally back from my almost 3 month long holiday.

Somehow managed to pull through second year getting a highish 2.1 (67.5% average) which i think i was lucky to even get a 2.1 this year being such a lazy bum until the easter period...
but it does give me hope that hopefully this year i'll be able to pull off a 1.1 if i work hard from the start...so here starts the early reading ~.~

Application for medschool starts again soon enough... it feels like im doing alevels again in the sense that i feel its my last chance to get into medschool and that so much rests on the summer exams to come... just like alevel.. however this also brings back the bad memories of how i managed to miss my offer back then by a few ums marks... i am scared i may do the same this year..but fear isn't necessarily a bad thing..at leasts its making me wanting to work harder this year and make sure i dont repeat a little part of history best left in the past...!

i have my ukcat exam coming up next friday 31st august... i hope all goes well and i get a good score to boost my application....as i have to admit my alevel grades are not stunning andwell my gcse grades..they are hardly spectacular either...hence the need to get a nice-ish score.... but i feel its going to be another matter of luck... as im not too sure how to go about revising for this ....!

I do know deep inside that there is a possibility i will get 4 straight rejections, and thats not something unexpected as medicine has been known to be highly competitive..and if thats the case for this year, i will just work my butt off and apply to medicine again once i have graduated.

No comments: