Monday 6 June 2011

Paper Bii: SAQs

That was it, my last ever SAQ paper at medical school! =)
(let's not jinx it.. but hopefully this will be the last, and not the re-sit in August >.<)

It started with a few predicatable questions on bronchiolitis and miscarriage, and then the SLE ones were sort of okay.. until i got asked to draw a hair follicle..... WHAT?!


- i ignored skin for the last ICA and that haunted me for a good day or two.. and now this for my end of years! ARGHHHhhhh.. dermatology is definately not for me!! I have no idea why i thought i liked it (as i clearly can't spend more than an hour looking at it...). To top the whole poor relationship i have with skin.. i don't know what came over me, but i randomly organised some shadowing with the dermatologists at Barts this summer.. this sounds like torture now!!


It then got worse with the unseen PBL... (according to D, it was on malignant hypertension..i did a google, and he's right! i didn't even know that term)

...thankfully it got better from then!
(but..that was already over half the paper worth of marks!!)


B&B - Migraine
CR - Heart Failure
Met - Steroids
Loco - De Quervain's Tenosynovitis
HSPH - Relative risk calculations and questions on studies

EMQs tomorrow!!
- time to cram all the drugs, infections and random obscure conditions!!

2 comments:

Grumpy Biomed said...

Good luck with the EMQs tomorrow! I'm sure you've done great so far with the SAQs!


P.S if you don't want the dermatology shadowing, can I have it? :P

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!